Thursday, December 30, 2010

Buffalo Chex Mix


Buffalo Chex Mix

Makes 12 cups.

I made this as directed, but afterward, wished I had cut back on the amount of celery seed. Next time, I will make it as I have written here. It's a tasty mix. The Buffalo flavor isn't quite as strong as I suspected, so increase the amount of Buffalo sauce if you'd like.
Source: Chex.com

4 c. Rice Chex
4 c. Wheat Chex
2 c. pretzel twists
2 c. parmesan crackers (i.e. Goldfish brand or Cheez-It brand)
8 T. butter
1 packet Ranch dressing mix
2-1/2 T. hot sauce
1/2 t. celery seed


Preheat oven to 250 degrees.

Melt butter in a large stock pot. Once melted, remove from heat and mix in hot sauce, Ranch dressing packet, and celery seed. Stir in Rice Chex, Wheat Chex, pretzels, and parmesan crackers, doing your best to coat evenly.

Spread on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.

Cool and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment